Therma D.A.S. is a medical device made up of two main com- ponents (a third will be added in autumn 2021):
- EndoD.A.S.: using the principles of thermoregulated radiofrequency.
It acts in the subcutaneous tissues by emitting electromagnetic waves that raise the temperature in the dermis and hypodermis, denaturing the collagen fibres (by 5 to 30%), the consequence of which is the immediate contraction of the collagen fibres, which increases over 6 months. It stimulates the fibroblasts and generates new collagen and elastin synthesis.
- D.A.S. Pro Plasma: (Dermo Ablation Surgery), formerly D.A.S. Medical: this is a long wave radiofrequency with a plasma effect. The energy supplied allows us to create a potential difference between the tip of the instrument and the skin, leading to the ionisation of the gases contained in the air. When these gases are heated up, it produces a stable microplasma which leads to selective and controlled thermolysis in the epidermis, which causes the skin to immediately retract and eliminates any skin flaws.
The two components can be used in combination with one another or individually, depending on the indications.
I already used the D.A.S. Medical in my practice for various indications: medical blepharoplasty, benign skin surgery, stretch marks. The good results and the simplicity of the technique are what led me to take an interest in this new EndoD.A.S. technique.
- The treatment areas are marked out after a clinical evaluation of the skin sagging. They are generally traced in a fan pattern comprised of 2 to 5 lines.
- Local anaesthetic at the entry point, pre-hole with an 18G needle.
- The single-use cannula (0.8mm diameter, 7.5cm long with a 1cm active distal tip) is inserted to a depth of around 5mm into the subcutaneous tissue.
- To begin, we set the optimal temperature for treatment (from 40° to 57°). The device has a touch-screen, pre-programmed settings and expert mode.
- The cannula is moved in a retrograde pattern 1cm by 1cm across 7.5cm in order to evenly heat the treatment line. Treatment time: 3 min per line.
- The patient feels a warm sensation.
- It gives a mini-lifting effect, which patients appreciate.
- 1 to 3 sessions are required, spaced 3 months apart, depending on the clinical evaluation.